Neck pain is a very common problem and people around the globe experience it at least once in life. Neck muscles can be strained from poor posture- while leaning over the PC or hunching over the workbench. Osteoarthritis may also be the cause of your neck pain. In very rare cases, neck pain can be a symptom of a serious problem. If neck pain occurs with numbness or loss of strength in hands or arms, you need to seek medical care or Neck Pain treatment in Delhi. Shooting pain into the down arm or shoulder also need medical care.
Common symptoms of neck pain are:
· a> Pain that worsens when you hold your head in one place for long hours, such as while driving or working at computer
· b> Muscle tightens and spasms
· c> Decreased ability to move the head
· d> Headache
Majority of neck pains improve gradually with home remedies. If not, you need to see your doctor as soon as possible. You need quick attention when severe neck pain occurs from an injury, such as car accident, diving accident or fall.
Reach a doctor if your neck pain is:
· a> Persists for many days without relief
· b> Is severe
· c> Spreads down legs or arms
· d> Is accompanied by numbness, weakness, headache or tingling
The neck is flexible and supports the weight of the head, so it’s vulnerable to injuries as well as the conditions that cause pain and restrict motion. Common causes of neck pain include:·
· a> Muscle strains: Overuse of the neck, such as lunching on PC for hours or smartphone, triggers muscle strain.
· b> Worn joints: Alike other joint in your body, the neck joint tend to wear down with age.
· c> Nerve compression: bone spurs in the vertebrae of the neck or herniated disk can press on the nerves branching out from spinal cord.
· d> Injuries: Car accidents often results into neck and back pain.