Our body is made up of different body parts which have specific functions to play. Some of them are related to our brain, some to stomach and some to lower part of the body. We won’t be able to perform in a normal manner even if a single part of our body stops working. Just like other parts of the body, we have our nervous system. The disorders related to our nervous system along with the prevention and treatment comes under the medical term which is known as Neurosurgery. IBS hospitals have the Best neurosurgeons in Delhi.
Nervous system is the part of the body that carries messages from spinal cord as well as brain to different parts of the body and vice versa. It is further divided into two parts –
1. Central nervous system – it is that part of the nervous system that consists of brain and spinal cord. It has the word central in it because it coordinates the activity of all the parts of our body. Spinal cord carries information from brain to rest of the body whereas the function of the brain is to receive the information and then transfer it to other parts.
2. Peripheral nervous system – it is that part of the body which consists of all the nerves and ganglia that are outside of our brain and spinal cord. The main function of our peripheral system is to connect our central nervous system to other organs and act as a bridge between central nervous system and the rest of our body.
There are many reasons as to why our brain and other related parts can get affected. Some of them are listed below –
1. External injuries such as blow to our head.
2. Vehicular accidents with direct consequences to our head.
3. Mishaps in contact sports.
4. Internal injuries that are caused by tumors.
Just like the causes, there are various symptoms with the help of which we can see what is wrong with our nervous system which includes
4. Memory loss
There are various different surgeries that are given according to different symptoms. Some of them are –
1. Endovascular surgery
2. Gamma knife
3. Brain tumor surgery
4. Awake craniotomy
5. Epilepsy surgery
6. Deep brain stimulation
IBS Hospitals is the best hospital in Delhi where you will get highly efficient neurosurgery.