Our nervous system consists of two very important parts of the body. One is the brain and the other is spinal cord. The main role of the nervous system is to transmit signals from one part of the body to the others. Our nervous system is very much aware of the surroundings and adapts according to those changes. Nervous system is further divided into two parts – central nervous system and peripheral nervous system. The former is that part which consists of brain and spinal cord. It integrates all the information that is received from all the other parts. Brain is housed in the cranial cavity whereas spinal cord is located in the spinal canal. Peripheral nervous system consists of all the nerves that are outside the central nervous system. It acts as the relay between the brain and spinal cord and the rest of the body. There are various diseases and conditions which can affect the normal functioning of the nervous system. In this case, you should get yourself checked from IBS hospital which has the best neurosurgeon in Delhi.
Neurosurgery is that branch of medicine that deals with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of the diseases that affect our nervous system. Some of the causes for diseases to the nervous system are given below –
1. Vascular disorders cause blood flow problems.
2. Injuries that are caused to the head.
3. Organ failure such as heart, kidney, respiratory etc.
4. Congenital heart defects which are caused at birth.
5. Our nervous system gets hit by exposing it to carbon mono oxide, arsenic etc.
6. Non degenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Huntington’s disease etc.
If you want your recovery to be fast and steady, then you should get yourself treated with best neurologists. One of the most common and potent diseases related to brain is brain tumor. In this condition, brain cells form in an abnormal manner within in the brain. Tumor can start in the brain or also spread from one place to the other.
Some of the common surgeries performed by Neurosurgeons are –
1. Endovascular surgery – it is a minimally invasive surgery that treats different problems of the blood vessel. If there is swelling of the blood vessel, then it is known as aneurysm. This surgery is performed in the presence of regional anesthesia.
2. Epilepsy surgery – epilepsy is the condition in which there is onslaught of seizures. This surgery is done with the help of different techniques such as temporal lobectomy, lesionectomy, multiple subpial transaction etc.
3. Awake craniotomy – this procedure is used so that patient does not suffer brain damage and is kept awake. Cortical mapping is done using a small electrical stimulation device
IBS is also known as a best pediatric neurology hospital in Delhi. We provide the most up-to-date and highest quality care for infants, children and adolescents. Our team specializes in treating full range of neurological conditions in children such as epilepsy, brain tumors, cerebral palsy etc.