Sleep Disorder: Signs, Symptoms and Types
The majority of us experience trouble sleeping one or the other time. Commonly, it happens due to stress, travel, illness, or other temporarily interruptions to the normal routine. In case sleep problems become a regular occurrence or interfere with daily life, you may be in the grip of sleep disorder. A sleep disorder is a type of condition that impacts your ability to get enough quality sleep. It is quite normal when you occasionally experience difficulty sleeping, but it is not normal when you regularly experience problems to wake up feeling exhausted, problems getting to sleep at night, or to feel sleepy during the day.
If you are struggling with sleep problems, you are required to make some healthy changes to your daily habits and bedtime routines. But, if it doesn’t work, you should meet an expert sleep specialist for getting effective sleep disorder treatment in Delhi. Below are given some signs and symptoms that may help you identify whether your sleeping problem is minor or a serious sleep disorder:
· Feeling irritable or sleepy during the day
· If you have difficulty staying awake while sitting still, reading or watching television
· Fall asleep or feel tired when driving
· If you reach slowly
· Have trouble controlling emotions
· Require caffeinated beverages to keep yourself going
· Feel like you have to take a nap almost every day
If you are experiencing any of the abovementioned symptoms on a regular basis, you might be dealing with a sleep disorder. There are different kinds of sleep disorders, including:
· Insomnia- It is a condition in which people are unable to sleep or sleep well at the night. It can be caused by stress, depression, jet lag, the medication you take, or amount of caffeine you consume a day.
· Sleep apnea- It is a common sleep disorder in which breathing temporarily stops during sleep that awaken you frequently.
· Restless Legs Syndrome- It is also a disorder that causes an irresistible urge to move legs or arms at night.
· Narcolepsy- This disorder involves excessive, uncontrollable daytime sleepiness.
IBS Facilities and ServicesRead more
IBS Facilities and Services
Doctor SpeaksKnow more
IBS HospitalsKnow more
IBS - Cure. Care. CompassionKnow more
International Patient TestimonialsOur hospital services
International Patients Help Desk
Events, News & GalleryKnow more
Events, News & Gallery
Rehabilitation CentreOur out-of-hospital services