Dr Sanjeev Kumar is a proficient Neuro surgeon and has an immense interest and experience in Neuro surgeries. He has conducted many successful neuro surgical procedures during his carrier span of over 16 years.
Dr Sanjeev Kumar is one of the most renowned Neurosurgeons in India and has completed his highest education of Masters In Surgery from The GB Pant hospital and associated Maulana Azad College.
He has contributed his valuable service as the member of The AO Spine International ,neurological Society Of India ,Delhi Neurological Association and Indian Medical Association.
We salute his contribution as a present Senior consultant Neurosurgeon at Batra Hospital & Medical Research Centre and Moolchand Hospital.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND BASIC WORK EXPERIENCE
Passed final MBBS examination of Patna University from Patna Medical College Patna in 1994 securing 60.58% marks in 1st attempt
MS (General surgery) :
Passed MS examination from institute of medical sciences, BHU VARANASI in 1st attempt in Dec 1999
Master in Chirguie (MCh) (Neurosurgery):
Passed MCh examination in 1st attempt from GB Pant Hospital and associated MAULANA AZAD MEDICAL COLLEGE conducted by University of Delhi, April 2006
BASIC WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. Compulsory Rotatory internship: From 31/03/94 to 30/03/1995 from Patna Medical College and Hospital, Patna
2. General Surgery: At the Institute of Medical sciences and associated Sir Sundar Lal hospital, BHU Varanasi (i.e. 19th March 1997 to 22nd Dec 1999) as part of MS training in General Surgery
3. As a Resident in department of cardiothoracic surgery at Escorts heart institute and research centre in the team of Dr Naresh Trehan from 01/03/2000 to 30/05/2000
DELHI MEDICAL COUNCIL REGISTRATION NO: 9121
BRIEF WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. 1997-1999 Institute of Medical sciences, BHU
2. 2000-2003 LNJP Hospital, MAMC New Delhi
3. 2003-2006 GB Pant Hospital, MAMC , New Delhi
4. 2006-2007 Max Institute of Neurosciences Saket, New Delhi
5. 2007- 2012 Consultant Neurosurgeon, VIMHANS, New Delhi
6. 2012-2014 Senior consultant neurosurgeon Metro Hospital Faridabad NCR and Moolchand Hospital NEW DELHI
7. Presently Senior consultant Neurosurgeon BATRA HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL RESEARCH CENTRE AND MOOLCHAND HOSPITAL , NEW DELHI
NEUROSURGICAL TRAINING AND WORK EXPERIENCE
TOTAL NEUROSURGICAL EXPERIENCE : 16 YEARS
1. As a junior Resident ( MS Trainee ) in Department of Neurosurgery, Sir Sundar Lal Jain hospital , Institute of Medical sciences , BHU , Varanasi from August 1999 to October 1999.
2. As a Senior Resident in the Department of Neurosurgery, Maulana Azad Medical college and associated Lok Nayak Hospital and Susruta Trauma centre New Delhi from 4th August 2000 to 30th April, 2003. The major work load was traumatic brain injuries and spinal injuries.
3. As Senior Resident in the Department of Neurosurgery, Govind Ballabh Pant Hospital, New Delhi (w.e.f. 2nd May 2003-1st May 2006). This is a 3-year super specialty residency program. The training is in requirement for the degree of Master in Chirurgie (M.Ch) in Neurosurgery of university of Delhi.
This is a Neurosurgical unit specializing in Pediatric Neurosurgery, Endovascular Neurosurgery, Endoscopic Neurosurgery apart from other brain and spine surgeries with significant exposure to surgery for spinal dysraphism, aneurysm surgery, endoscopic ventriculostomies and endoscopic ventricular tumors removal and various spinal instrumentations including CV Junction. The major case load was brain tumor (adult and Pediatric), spinal dysraphism and other Pediatric neurosurgical disorders, aneurismal subarachnoid hemorrhage, degenerative spinal disorders, spine trauma, hydrocephalous, head injury, hypertensive intracerebral hemorrhage and all other kinds of neurosurgical disorders.
4.. As a POST M. Ch senior resident in the Department of Neurosurgery, Govind Ballabh Pant Hospital, New Delhi from 1st May 2006 to 31st July 2006.
5. As a Junior Consultant, Neurosurgery at Max institute of Neurosciences, Max superspeciality Hospital , Saket , New Delhi from September 2006 to 31st March 2007. Had an Exposure of intra-operative MRI and minimally invasive spinal technology.
6. Joined VIDYA SAGAR INSTITUTE OF MENTAL HEALTH AND NEUROSCIENCES (VIMHANS) New Delhi on April 2007 as a consultant neurosurgeon . Major case load in the department of neurosurgery was various brain tumors /aneurismal SAH (clipping), Deep brain stimulation surgery for Parkinsonism (one of the largest series in India), stereotactic biopsies, spinal tumors, spinal instrumentations etc. apart from other neurosurgical emergencies.
As an evolving professional in neurosurgical career, I got extensive exposure to various neurosurgical procedures and to operate independently. This was also an opportunity to handle appropriately various situations that arise in modern day neurosurgical practice and to have various international training opportunities.
Work as Editor of VIMHANS neurosciences journal got reasonable appreciation. In changing scenario, got an opportunity to run the affairs of department of neurosurgery from 1st Jan 2012 till 31st October 2012 as the senior most neurosurgeon.
7 2012-2014 as Senior consultant neurosurgeon at Moolchand Medicity hospital, New Delhi and Metro Hospital Faridabad NCR .
8. Presently working as SENIOR CONSULTANT NEUROSURGEON BATRA HOSPITAL AND MEDICAL RESEARCH CENTRE AND MOOLCHAND HOSPITAL , NEW DELHI
8. FELLOW SHIPS /SPECIALIZED TRAINING:
8. AREA OF SPECIAL INTEREST:
2. The Role of sentinel node biopsy in carcinoma breast and carcinoma oral cavity (Thesis for MS surgery). June 1997 to May 1999
AWARDS AND ACHIEVMENTS
1.. Winner of ‘Young scientist award’ in biennial conference of Indian society of oncology for paper titled Role of sentinel node biopsy in carcinoma oral cavity held in New Delhi 1999
2.. Winner (1st prize) of neurosciences quiz In 8th Annual Conference of Delhi Neurological Association held in RML Hospital, New Delhi. 4th - 5th February 2006
3. BHAGIRATHI AWARD 2006 for social perspective in medical practice 2006
4. Editor of VIMHANS Neurosciences Journal 2009-2012
5. Part of team which performed First Deep brain stimulation surgery for a psychiatric disorder – OCD in ASIA. (Coverage in front page nation wide The Times of India 15/9/2010)
6. “Most promising neurosurgeon in Delhi ‘’ Big Brands research excellence awards 2010-2011
5. “DISTINGUISHED HUMANITY SERVICES AWARD” by Delhi medical association 2012
6. Conferred Prestigious “AK ROY CHOUDHURY MEMORIAL AWARD 2015” FOR OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION TO IMA SOUTH DELHI BRANCH
7. Contributed chapter as the main author: STEMI AND STROKE: A DOUBLE JEOPARDY published in TEXT BOOK OF STEMI by jaypee publication
PUBLICATIONS IN JOURNALS/ PAPER PRESENTED IN CONFERENCES/ ABSTRACT PUBLISHED:
1. Aberrant gall bladder situated beneath the left lobe of liver:
HPB 2002 Volume 4, Number I, 39-42
2. Cystosarcoma phylloids: our institutional experience:
Australasian Journal of Radiology, Volume 47, issue 4, pp 434-437, Dec-2003
3.Clipping versus coiling in the management of aneurismal sub arachnoid hemorrhage : Is there a middle path: VIMHANS Neurosciences journal April 2009
4. The breaking barriers in contemporary medical practice: Medical news Sept. 2009
5. Midline cerebellar astrocytoma in childhood in 53rd Annual Conference of :
Neurological Society of India: Indore.16th -19th December, 2004.
6. Effect of various concentrations of povidone iodine and hydrogen peroxide in human brain parenchyma and glial tumor in 7th Annual Conference of Delhi Neurological Association. VIMHANS, New Delhi 5th -6th February, 2005.
7. Recurrent bacterial meningitis in child hood in 54th Annual Conference of Neurological Society of India. Visakhapatnam. 15th -18th December 2005
8. Role of MR Tractography in preoperative planning and post operative
Evaluation in brain tumors in 8th Annual Conference of Delhi Neurological
Association RML Hospital, New Delhi. 4th - 5th February, 2006
9.. Role of sentinel node Biopsy in carcinoma breast in ASICON 1998 in Ahmadabad
10. Role of sentinel node Biopsy in carcinoma oral cavity in biennial conference of
Indian society of oncology held in New Delhi 1999
11. Poster presentation in annual national conference of Indian psychiatric society ANCIPS, New Delhi 2010 titled Deep brain stimulation surgery in obsessive compulsive disorder: the first experience in ASIA.
Media (TV, Radio)
Interviews in various medical issues which have lot of social implications like
1. Radio talks on DEMENTIA
2. TV interview on impact of mobile phones on human nervous system ( HEADLINES TODAY )
3. Avoiding falls and spinal injuries / Head injuries in traditional kite flying in old Delhi (TV)
4. The tragic demise of Australian cricketer on the play ground following head injury : the Mechanics involved : INTERVIEW ON AAJ TAK NATIONAL TELEVISION 2014
5. Head transplantation : is it a reality or a dream ? : INDIA NEWS channel Feb 2015
Public awareness / CME Lectures
1. DEMENTIA: clinical approach and social implications: Indian Islamic cultural centre, New Delhi
2. Recent trends in management of STROKE June 2009 New Delhi
3. Neuromodulation: IMA, GWALIOR
4. Management of Head Injury: past, present and future - IMA, Faridabad
5. Multimodality approach to brain tumors: an attempt to optimize surgical results
IMA Aligarh, IMA Bulandshahar
6. Deep brain stimulation surgery in Parkinson’s disease: IMA Gorakhpur
GUEST LECTURE / SESSION CHAIRED
CAREER OBJECTIVE: excellence with humanism
To earn a good name for self and for the profession at large
1. Communication and orational skills
2. Creative thinker and writer
3. Organizational skills
4. Human centric approach
PASSION: Practice of neurosciences with excellence