What is Parkinson’s Disease ?
Parkinson’s is a neurodegenerative disorder which that affects the movement of the body. In this condition, there is progressive deterioration of motor function. It happens due to loss of dopamine-producing brain cells. The onset of this disease is gradual and begins with a barely noticeable tremor in one hand.There is stiffness of joints which leads to a problem in movement. Your condition worsens as Parkinson’s disease progresses over time. It cannot be cured as there are but medications are administered to control the symptoms. Certain areas of the brain are regulated to improve the symptoms. Some of the symptoms associated with this condition are –
- Tremor – it begins in the hand, fingers or limbs. Even when the hand is relaxed, there is a sense of occurrence of tremor.
- Slowed movement – the ability to move is slowed over time. Forex – you steps may become short when you walk or stepping up from lying down will be difficult.
- Muscle stiffness occurs in any part of the body. It will not only cause pain but limit the ability of the body to move.
- There may be balance problems while walking and stopping can also be accompanied.
- Speech changes are also visible. You may either talk too slow or fast. Slurring of words can also be there.
Course In Hospital
The treatment option of Parkinson is done either with the help of medication or surgery.
Medication helps in managing problems with walking, movement, and tremor. People with Parkinson’s disease have low brain dopamine concentrations and these medications help in increase or substitute for dopamine. Some of the medications include Carbidopa-Levodopa, Pramipexole, ropinirole, selegiline, rasagiline etc.
Surgery is done with the help of Deep Brain Stimulation. It delivers controlled electrical signals to precisely targeted areas of the brain. Electrodes are implanted into a specific part of the brain. They are connected to a generator implanted into the chest near your collarbone that sends electrical pulses to the brain and helps in reducing Parkinson’s disease.
Patient Stories & Case Studies
Consult with Experienced Doctors
Dr. Kishan Raj
IBS Facilities and ServicesRead more
IBS Facilities and Services
Doctor SpeaksKnow more
IBS HospitalsKnow more
IBS - Cure. Care. CompassionKnow more
International Patient TestimonialsOur hospital services
International Patients Help Desk
Events, News & GalleryKnow more
Events, News & Gallery
Rehabilitation CentreOur out-of-hospital services