Surgery for Traumatic Injuries
What is Surgery for Traumatic Injuries ?
Orthopedic trauma is a severe injury to the part of the musculoskeletal system and result of an accident or a mishap which requires immediate surgery. They cover the whole spectrum of simple fractures to severe life-threatening accidents with multiple broken bones.
It specializes in problems related to the bones, joints and soft tissues of the entire body following trauma. The main goal of traumatic surgeries is the healing of fractured bones as well as restoring the anatomic alignment of the joint surfaces and allowing the recovery.
Many fractures can be treated by general orthopedic surgeons but some of them require to be operated by fracture specialists. Our expertise lies in –
1. Minimally invasive surgeries for fractures.
2. Reconstruction of hip and pelvis.
3. Limb lengthening in complex cases of deformity.
4. Complex soft tissue and upper extremity reconstruction.
5. Pelvis and acetabulum surgery.
6. Mal-union and non-union fractures.